NOVEL CORONAVIRUS (COVID-19) UPDATE
Like the rest of the country and the world, Bremer Brisbane Presbytery and the Queensland Synod is adapting and responding to the COVID-19 pandemic.
We continue to support our congregations, communities and staff, this remains our highest priority, while adhering to the latest Government advice.
We want to encourage our churches and communities to PIN:
PROTECT – taking into account latest health information, what does your congregation need to enact to protect its most vulnerable members from possible COVID-19 exposure
IDENTIFY– Have your Pastoral Care Team identify the most vulnerable members of your congregation/community and contact them to check in with them on a regular basis and see what support they might need.
NETWORK – Encourage congregation members to network and check-in with each other (and other people in their friendship network) through phone and social media. If they identify people who need extra support make use of church networks for support (eg who might live close to an elderly member who can pick up some groceries for them?)
As SYNOD have updates to this topic, they will be detailed on this page.
- Congregations Live Streaming Worship
- Coronavirus pastoral letter (18 March 2020)
- Coronavirus update for childcare centre operators (17 March 2020)
- Coronavirus update for childcare families (17 March 2020)
- Coronavirus update for presbyteries and congregations (16 March 2020)
- Coronavirus update for Queensland Synod (16 March 2020)
- Coronavirus update for schools and residential colleges (12 March 2020)
- Frequently asked questions: Novel coronavirus (COVID-19) (18 March 2020)
- Ministry resources regarding coronavirus (18 March 2020)
- Statement from the Uniting Church in Australia Queensland Synod regarding coronavirus (18 March 2020)
- UnitingCare update for presbyteries and congregations – (17 March 2020)
Uniting Church Assembly Resources